Nice position in a recession
This post is a bit off the normal topic range but with all the doom and gloom and job losses the CEO vacancy in the IIA (Irish Internet Association) could be the dream job for someone looking for a change. The current CEO Fergal O’Byrne is leaving the IIA after a very successful 4 years to join Wexford based Sonru.
I have been on the board for over 5 years and have witnessed the great work he has done in bringing the organisation forward. I have also seen the web of influence and the network potential of such as job, especially for someone who is a self starter. In this recession the Irish internet industry has a real opportunity to shine as companies looks for more cost effective routes to market. With this in mind the CEO has carte blanche to make connections, create new initiatives, influence policy and really make an impact.
Fergal has set a high bar and the person who fills his shoes and continues with the development of the Association would need to tick most of the following boxes below:
1) Ability to secure and manage sponsorship and sponsors
2) Experience in building and maintaining a membership base
3) Ability to understand, work on and monitor financial reports and budgets
4) Ability to manage staff
5) Events organisation and management experience
6) Experience in managing an organisation with similar stakeholders and understanding of the political tensions/vested interests
7) Understanding and experience in working in the Internet industry.
As well as being a very satisfying job it is also great for establishing contacts, working with a good board and great staff, making a difference to members, being part of the internet sector in Ireland.
The closing date is the 21st of August 2009.